I was sitting down on the dock a couple of summers ago at the Durham, New Hampshire cottage we rented from Katie Paine, when she came down the path to visit us, wearing a very hip suit. Wow, I thought, she must have paid a mint for that outfit.
Well, no. As it turns out, and you can read about it in her recent post here, she likes to shop at Goodwill. New England is known for its frugality, but what about Arizona?
Here are shopping suggestions from four Valley PR folks:
1) Jackie Wright, President, Rainmaker Communications
As a self deemed shopping aficionado, I have a ton of suggestion!
1. Nordstrom’s – great service, amazing shoe collection. A bit on the pricey side, but the shopping experience is well worth it in my mind.
2. Macy’s – great for shoes and men’s clothing. Not a huge fan for women’s clothing. A lot of selection that seems to be scattered. Customer services is usually craptastic, at best.
3. Ann Taylor Loft, The Limited, Banana Republic – all great for separates and stylish seasonal pieces. Banana tends to be the most modern and expensive of the three… but you can find a lot of staples there.
4. Ann Taylor – The perfect PR gal’s store in my mind. Mostly high quality products that are stylish, but appropriate for a client or business meeting. They also feature a small selection of “weekend” clothes, so you can look great all the time.
5. J Crew – recently revised their fashion lines and are offering lower price points. Great for unique pieces that are stylish and don’t look like the same pieces everyone else is offering.
2) Tara La Bouff, Public Relations Account Supervisor, RR Partners
I am all about sales these days and thankfully there are a lot of them! In addition to department store and outlet sales, I am finding great deals online at “private” retail sites like RueLaLa.com<http://RueLaLa.com>, TheClymb.com<http://TheClymb.com> and Haute.com<http://Hautelook.com>. All you need to do is forfeit the sanctity of your e-mail address and then you are alerted to daily, one-day sales with steep discounts on stuff you actually want. It’s worth the extra e-mail traffic. Although I don’t have time to follow every sale, I check them about once a week and — at the very least — it is a quick survey of current trends.
3) Brian Camen, Public Relations Specialist, Thunderbird School of Global Management
As a young professional, it is important to look good while not spending a lot of money on your wardrobe. While I enjoy shopping at Express for Men and J.Crew, I often find great deals on dress clothes at Macy’s. Dillards also has an annual sale on men’s suits where the prices are unbeatable. I usually wear a dress shirt and dress pants to work. I wear a full suit on days when needed. Also, we have casual Friday (jeans and a polo).
4) Andrea Sok, Director of Community Relations, Save the Family
Since my job takes me in all different directions, from meeting with donors and the media to organizing events for our families, I have a wide variety of styles. Even so, I spend most of my time at staples like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic, but then also try to find unique items at re-sale shops like Last Chance.
Oh, and where do I shop? I used to shop at Ann Taylor and Talbots. Now, my fave stores are within a 7-mile radius: Stein Mart at the 101/Pima Crossing plaza, and High Society Resale near Scottsdale Road and Shea Blvd. Based on Katie’s good luck, I think I need to try out Goodwill next…Tweet
the rumors are true (@ Neighbor from the 90′s)...
Sorry to see you go. avic-x920bt
First the Space Shuttle program and now this???? OH NO!...
I think it’s really funny that Jason donates money...
Sad to see you go Mr Len… been a great ride
- Acme Photography
- Brain Matter
- Brian Shaler
- Convince & Convert
- Depth in PR
- Espresso Pundit
- Full Speed
- Full Speed Marketing
- HMA Time
- Hoi Polloi Report
- It's About The Work
- Liquis Design Blog
- Marketing Press
- Mighty Interactive
- Off Madison Ave
- Park & Co.
- Park Howell
- Phoenix Defense
- PR Advice
- Random Tuesday Morning Ramblings
- Sitewire Blog
- SoCal PR Blog
- Stealthmode Blog
- The Marketing Journalist
- The One to Go To
- The PR Practitioner
- Think Fast